IT Architecture and IT Management Consultant
My business is focused on services in Enterprise IT Architecture and IT Management. I have a solid background in leading senior technical teams. My work experience includes being the Chief IT Architect for IBM’s largest outsourcing account in the Nordic region and also a couple of years when I was the Chief IT Architect for IBM / ITD (IBM’s outsourcing division) in the Nordics. I am used to work on all levels in a company, from Senior Management, different lines of business to IT technicians.
My roles have given me the opportunity to work both locally and in international environments and projects. I have for example been engaged in projects in Europe, US and China and I have a good understanding for the cultural differences.
My previous work experience includes manager positions as well as technical consulting roles. I have a passion for IT and it’s role enabling business for my clients.
CIO, CTO, Enterprise Architect, Chief IT Architect, Lead Architect, IT strategist, IT Analyst, Taskforce leader, Technical Advisor, Technical Project Manager
- 1997 IBM Consulting Specialist (recertified 2000 and 2003)
- 2005 IBM Executive IT Specialist (recertified 2008)
2013-Now Joakim Stolt IT AB, Chief IT Architect & Owner
2010-2013 Fujitsu, CTO / Chief Architect
1982-2010 IBM, Chief IT Architect, Technical ProjetManager and other roles
1982 Electronics, Chalmers University of Technology
Lead System & Architecture in PLM Transformation Project
Joakim Stolt IT AB
Jul 2018 – Ongoing
Project Manager and Architect responsible for:
- Lead all system activities in the project
- Document the solution end-to-end, i.e. applications, integrations, information and processes (business and IT)
- Lead assessments, studies and task forces
Joakim Stolt IT AB
Oct 2017 – Jun 2018
Lead Architect responsible for
- Establish a new Network Architecture
- Transformation architect responsible for architecture driver and coordination in strategic architecture and infrastructure projects
- Establish a new IT Strategy
- Establish a Cloud Strategy
- Recruit Consulting architects for Bankgirots new
Head of Architecture
Joakim Stolt IT AB
Feb 2017 – Sept 2017
Chief Architect for Swedens major Clearinghouse, Bankgirot.
- Lead the architecture organization with 10 senior architetcts, enterprise, business, infrastructure, security and solution architects
- Driver for Bankgirots new IT Strategi
- Driver for the architecture target picture
- Organize the architecture team to become a supportive and governing function which is establishe and accepted in the organization, in business, management and delivery
- Establish and implement a new network architecture
- Establish service descriptions for Bankgirot IT services.
Joakim Stolt IT AB
Oct 2016 — Feb 2017
Logistics project to optimize the global production capacity in the company factories.
- Lead the development of a new architecture and solution that supports the changed logistic business process
- Analysis of existing processes and IT systems to find the optimal solution
- Rekommend future architecture for the logistics flow
- Identify the need for new integrations between new and existing applications
Joakim Stolt IT AB
2016-01-01 – 2016-09-30
Improve a data driven application to deliver performance and stability for the user and to achieve an E2E user experienced availability of 99.8%.
- Ensure business requirements are agreed between business and IT
- Develop relevant models for information, application and infrastructure
- Lead solutioning to produce and document an architecture that ensures global high availability and performance
- Communicate the solution to business and to Enterprise Architect governance board
- Ensure the solution is well documented and is aligned with the corporate IT Architecture and Strategy
Architecture advisor / Technical Lead
Joakim Stolt IT AB
2014-01-01 – 2015-12-31
Tasks are to lead a prestudy and to lead, plan and perform a proof of concept.
Major areas of responsibilities and deliverables:
- Driver of the Architecture Board
- Requirements specification and requirements analysis
- Architecture governance recommendations
- Proof of Concept on new integration technology
- Architecture and Design review
- Roadmap analysis and recommendation
CTO / Enterprise IT Architect
2010-10-01 – 2013-06-30
- Build business and delivery capabilities in China.
Be the executive technical counterpart to the customer’s senior IT management.
- Drive and lead new opportunities together with the Key Account Manager
- Act as the solution owner in new opportunities. Lead bid architect teams to provide solutions
- Drive new opportunities in China for Swedish global clients
- Guarantee the technical and architectural integrity in the Fujitsu delivery
- Drive technical innovation to become projects and Fujitsu opportunities
- Drive cloud solutions in Sweden.
2010-04-01 – 2010-09-30
A project to create the new global test system architecture for telecom solutions.
My role in the project was to sell the project and to lead it once it was accepted by the customer.
The resources were IT Architects in the customer organization located in Sweden, UK, and Netherlands and IT Architects in IBM located in Sweden and India.
Chief IT Architect
2008-10-01 – 2010-09-30
Key areas of responsibility:
- Drive the global IT Architecture from an IBM Nordics standpoint
- Drive the architecture agenda for IBM ITD Nordics
- Platforms: zSeries, pSeries and xSeries, IBM storage subsystems, cloud infrastructure
- Ensure technical and delivery integrity in new outsourcing bids.
- Act as the technical escalation point in technical and architectural matters.
- Drive the career plan for the Nordic architect community together with the Nordic CTO
Act as External Technical Consultant in troubled accounts.
During my period as Chief IT Architect IBM Nordics reduced the troubled accounts to close to zero.
Chief IT Architect / Enterprise IT Architect
2005-04-01 – 2008-09-30
This was the largest outsourcing contract in the Nordics when it was signed and one of the largest in Europe. I took over as chief architect, one year into the contract. Under my leadership we transformed the customer’s IT environment from a fragmented and scattered IT into a modern state of the art IT infrastructure with exemplary control of IT architecture and a progressive technical agenda.
- Create the technical vision and IT strategy
- Lead the creation and documentation of the account’s IT Architecture.
- Accountable for Architecture governance and technical strategies
- Be IBM’s senior counterpart to the customer’s senior IT management on technical issues and to work with the customer’s IT Architect Board be accountable for the joint technical agenda.
- Identify, operate and manage new areas for improvement.
- Technical lead for sales opportunities
Included in my responsibilities were the design of infrastructure, organization and processes to operate the customer’s IT environment.
This delivery had initial 900 people. I was head of a group of 9 senior IT architects responsible for the Architecture Vision, Governance and Technical Strategies.
Main Technology Platforms were: IBM zSeries, pSeries and xSeries, VMWare, IBM storage subsystems, Sun Solaris, Grid Infrastructure, SAP Infrastructure, Parallell Sysplex, GDPS.
2004-08-01 – 2005-03-31
In an application outsourcing, where IBM moved the application development and application maintenance tasks from Sweden to India, the project experienced severe technical problems. I was assigned to lead the architect team to identify and solve the problems.
Successful implementation of new solutions that enabled the new delivery model with remote resources.
- IBM Europe Technical Leaders Forum
An advisory board, for the IBM ITD Europe executive management, with senior technical members from the European organization.
- IBM Europe Design authority (Outsourcing)
Ensure technical and delivery integrity in new outsourcing bids.
Member of the IBM Europe Architecture governance board.
- IBM Nordics Technical Experts Council
A community with senior technical resources that provides advice in technical matters to the IBM Nordic executive management
2005 – 2010
for 3000 IT specialists in IBM Nordic.
- Drive career and skills development for the profession and professionals
- Promote senior IT specialists.
- Strategy work for the organisation, i.e. market trend analysis and skills alignment and planning
- Advice IBM Nordic senior management about competency and skills development
- Advice IBM Nordic senior in technical strategies
- Responsible for the professional certifications in IBM Nordic and a member of the IBM Europe professional certification board for senior professionals.
Based on assessments at the customer:
- Advise the customer CIO how to align IT strategy with the business strategy.
- Advice customer how to reduce cost of IT infrastructure
- Help customers developing their IT Strategy
Several IT Infrastructure TCO studies of which several resulted in server consolidation engagements.
- Project Manager & Technical Project Lead
- Lead architect in an SAP and outsourcing program for a global Health Care company. Rollout in 37 countries.
- Technical executive for a global application outsourcing account. Technical team with Architects and specialists in Sweden, US, UK and India.
- Lead Architect in several IT optimisation and server consolidation engagements in several large accounts.
Technical lead in a large transformation project
Technical project manager and advisor for a migration project in a win back account.
I was leading this engagement, from prestudy, proposal, negotiations and finally implementation. I was responsible for the technical solution and design
1982 – 1988